Look at these verbs.
Are they followed by a gerund or infinitive?
Look at the list of verbs in the presentation and make sentences using a gerund or an infinitive after each verb.
Example - I can't stand driving in the city.
Do the exercise
Write some sentences using the verbs above which are true for you.
Example - I detest eating prunes.
I'm just a poor EFL teacher. I can't afford to buy new shoes.
Here are 5 songs with gerunds and infinitives in the titles.
How many do you know? Can you think of any more songs with a gerund or an infinitive in the title?
I Promise To Try
I Can't Stand Losing You
Imagine (having no possesions...)
Learn to Fly
I Want To Break Free
- Giving Advice - should / ought to / had better / must / have to / can't. Advice, Intermediate, Modal Verbs, Pre-Intermediate
- Have + Noun + Participle (Have Something Done) Intermediate, Passive
- Modal Verbs for Possibility and Certainty Intermediate, Modal Verbs, Upper Intermediate
- Modals for Obligation and Prohibition Intermediate, Modal Verbs
- Conditionals 1 and 2, Intermediate, Songs