- watch a video about questions people put into internet search engines
- revise and practise making questions
In September 2010 www.ask.com published a list of its all-time top 10 'unanswerable' search questions.
- What does "unanswerable" mean?
- What do you think the questions were? Can you guess?
- Try and think of some questions you would put into a search on the internet.
Here are the results. How many did you guess?
Answers - Highlight below to see
How long will I live?
Did Tony Sporano die?
What is the secret to happiness?
What is love?
Who is the most famous person in the world?
Is there anybody out there?
What is the best diet?
Do blondes have more fun?
Is there a God?
What is the meaning of life?
3 DiscussDo you know any of the answers?
Discuss in pairs
What words do we use to make questions?
Answer = What, Who, Which, Where, How, Why, do, does, did...
How do we make questions in English...
- with to be?
- with to have?
- with can and other modal verbs
- in the present simple?
- in the future?
- in the past?
With the present and past simple use do, does and did
1) Try this matching exercise. Match the answers with the questions.
2) Gap fill check. Fill in the gap with the right word.